Release Notes for Build 01/29
The following is a summary of the changes for the build released on January 29th, 2013.
- Share a Link - We recognize that it is asking a lot to abandon your existing marketing to use ours. So we've added the ability to create special URLs for a property. These "short links" are very similar to ones created by bit.ly or tinyurl.com, only they are specific to AdvancedREI. You can create multiple links per property, that way you can use a different link for each of the different sites you post your properties to, or different PDFs you've made for clients. We'll use each unique link to track page views and unique visitors (statistics reports coming in a future build).
- New "clicked link" experience - When you share a property via e-mail right now, you're also "sharing a link", just in a different way. But so far, when you've clicked a link in your e-mail to one of the listed Properties, you're taken to a login page. This is not very helpful for e-mail users who are unfamiliar with the site, but at least they saw our branding in the e-mail, so they have a rough idea that they're clicking a property. It's even less helpful though when all you have is a URL to click on in a PDF file. So now we show you a limited view of the property when you click our links, and invite you to register or sign in. You can see this experience at work here: http://advan.cd/p/1.
- Moved the "Sign In" functionality to a dropdown menu (similar to Twitter.com) for most pages.
- Added new iconography across the application, to help users recognize certain functions more easily. These icons are provided by the wonderful tool Font Awesome.
- Added Enhanced Tooltips to the sharing options for "Share" dialog on the Property Details page to explain their purpose.
- Adjusted the layout on the Share dialog and added a character counter to the "Message" textbox.
- Updated most buttons to give an enhanced visualization when information is being submitted back to the server. Try the new "Share Property" dialog to see it in action.
- Fixed an issue where the Unit Count and Cost Per Unit were not being displayed on the Property Details page properly.
- Fixed an issue where moving to Page 2 on Step 4 of creating a new Property caused the process to end prematurely.
- Fixed an issue where the "Followed" and "# Scenarios Created" fields on the Email Statistics tab (formerly the Sharing tab) were not being displayed properly.
- Fixed an issue where the "Read" field was not being properly displayed on the Sharing Report.
- Fixed an issue where the Features on the Property Details page were being incorrectly duplicated.
- Fixed an issue where the Leasing Expenses grid on the Financials tab had buttons to delete records that should not have been there.
- Fixed an issue where the Carousel in the window users see the first time they visit a property was not automatically rotating through the images.
Known Issues Still Outstanding:
- We suspect that not all Email Events are being processed properly by our e-mail provider and are investigating.
- The Sharing Report is missing key information regarding email events. This will be resolved in a future build.