Release Notes for Build 11/26
The following is a summary of the changes for the build released on October 26th, 2012.
- Member Listings - You can now create listings that are visible to all registered users. You'll find them in the Marketplace section under "Member Properties".
- Sample Property - We've added Disneyland (1313 Harbor Blvd) as an example that is shared by default with all new users. It is also displayed in the Member Properties. Now you can play with creating new Scenarios without having to list your own property.
- Contact Presenter - We've made it easy to contact the person listing the property from the Property Details page. Messages you've sent will show up in the "Sent Items" folder in Notifications. Note: This feature is not visible on properties you "own". Why would you want to e-mail yourself, anyways?
- New Item Counts - You can now easily see how many Member Properties have been added since your last login, as well as how many Properties Sent to Me and Inbox messages are unread.
- Legacy Browser Detection - If you are using Internet Explorer 8 or earlier, you are given a permanent reminder to join the rest of us in the 21st century, which includes a link to the latest version.
- Overhauled database queries to improve Property Details page load times.
- Overhauled the Email system to add new types of notifications and integrate real-time email statistics.
- Upgraded error handling to the Notifications, so if an Email fails to be sent, the notification will still show up in your Sent Items as well as the other user's Inbox.
- Added a "Visibility" column to the Properties lists so the user can determine whether a property is Private or Unlisted.
Overhauled the "Add New Property" process to improve usability:
- Listings are now limited to the United States only, for the time being.
- Reduced number of possible errors when moving from Step 3 -> Step 4 -> Property Details page
- Added the ability to increase the number of Units for a Floor Plan in Step 3, and have the additional Units automatically created in Step 4.
- The various Reports will now only re-load if we detect information in any of the Financials grids has been changed and saved back to the server.
- Fixed a bug where copied properties would not calculate Income Adjustments or Leasing Expenses under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug where the Share and Copy buttons would not be displayed under certain scenarios.
- Fixed several issues related to how Kendo UI deals with dates in the Financials grids.
- Fixed several styling-related issues relating to Kendo UI and Bootstrap.
Known Issues Still Outstanding:
- Some notifications may not show up in your Inbox or Sent Items under certain limited conditions.